1A length of time or stretch of ground over which something gradually ceases or is brought to an end or a halt: I skied the trail’s long runout to the bottom and found the familiar yellow bus waiting
More example sentences
- Let's go back to our practice hill, the one that is wide, not very steep and has a nice run-out at the bottom.
- Blackfish, or Luderick, which are predicted to be found in numbers on run-out tides once the river water is clear.
- Blackfish still seem to be slow but no doubt they will be running as soon as the water is clearer on the run-out tide.
2A slight error in a rotating tool, machine component, etc., such as being off-center or not exactly round.
- Depending on the design and length it is recommended to use a steady rest to reduce the run-out.
- And, because the discs float on the hub, lateral run-out isn't a problem.
- One insert had 20 μm axial and 1.5 μm radial measured run-outs relative to the reference insert, which are included in the simulation model.
Definition of runout in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.