- Bread made wholly or partly with rye flour, typically with caraway seeds added.More example sentences
- Rye is low in gluten, the substance which gives wheat bread its light, elastic texture; so rye bread is always rather dense.
- But then you run into a contrast problem… toasted rye bread isn't much darker than untoasted rye bread.
- In a study published in the Journal of Nutrition, the effects of eating white bread and rye bread on cholesterol levels in men were compared.
More definitions of rye breadDefinition of rye bread in:
- The British & World English dictionary