Definition of ryegrass in English:
A Eurasian grass that is widely grown as forage.
- Genus Lolium, family Gramineae: several species, in particular L. perenne
- Perennial ryegrass is a bunch grass suitable for hay, silage, or pasture.
- In this region, cool-season grasses such as fine fescue, Kentucky bluegrass and turf-type perennial ryegrass thrive.
- Tall fescue and perennial ryegrass are more resistant than bluegrass and Bermuda.
Early 18th century: alteration of obsolete ray-grass, of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with ryegrassunderpass • wheatgrass
Definition of ryegrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan