noun (plural same or ryus)
- A school or style in Japanese arts, especially in the martial arts.More example sentences
- Tamiya ryu is an earlier style than ours, but is considered to be part of our line of development.
- I began to search for something deeper; this led me to look at several different jujutsu ryus, but none of them seem to fit what I looked for.
- I have added the footwork that is used by the Shinkage ryu style of swordsmanship into the techniques taught in Aikido Yuishinkai.
More definitions of ryuDefinition of ryu in:
- The British & World English dictionary