Definition of sabicu in English:
A Caribbean tree of the pea family, with timber that resembles mahogany and is used chiefly in boatbuilding.
- Lysiloma sabicu, family Leguminosae
- Cedar, mahogany, sabicu, and other precious timbers, felled in the island's woods, were prodigiously used in the industry and hewn into majestic, shapely galleons, destined for the various Spanish armadas.
- Wooden doors made from cedar, acana, sabicu - trees that are precious or now extinct - adorn many deco buildings in Centro Habana.
- I am in need of an organic method of dealing with thornbugs - every year they find my lysiloma sabicu tree very tasty.
mid 19th century: from Cuban Spanish sabicú.
Definition of sabicu in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia