Definition of sabicu in English:
A Caribbean tree of the pea family, with timber that resembles mahogany and is used chiefly in boatbuilding.
- Lysiloma sabicu, family Leguminosae
- Cedar, mahogany, sabicu, and other precious timbers, felled in the island's woods, were prodigiously used in the industry and hewn into majestic, shapely galleons, destined for the various Spanish armadas.
- Wooden doors made from cedar, acana, sabicu - trees that are precious or now extinct - adorn many deco buildings in Centro Habana.
- I am in need of an organic method of dealing with thornbugs - every year they find my lysiloma sabicu tree very tasty.
Mid 19th century: from Cuban Spanish sabicú.
Definition of sabicu in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.