Definition of sablefish in English:
noun (plural same or sablefishes)
A large commercially important fish with a slate-blue to black back, occurring throughout the North Pacific.
- Anoplopoma fimbria, family Anoplopomatidae
- Chapter One starts with oysters, mussels and clams and subsequent chapters visit herring and shad, sablefish and butterfish, mahi mahi, halibut and sand dabs.
- Some seafood should be eaten only once a month: tuna steaks, red snapper, orange roughy, Pollack, halibut, northern lobster, marlin, moonfish, saltwater bass, wild trout, bluefish, grouper, croaker and sablefish.
- Three ounces of sablefish (sometimes called black cod, though they're not members of the cod family) offer 1.7 g of omega - 3 fats.
Definition of sablefish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.