Definition of sablefish in English:
noun (plural same or sablefishes)
A large commercially important fish with a slate-blue to black back, occurring throughout the North Pacific.
- Anoplopoma fimbria, family Anoplopomatidae
- Chapter One starts with oysters, mussels and clams and subsequent chapters visit herring and shad, sablefish and butterfish, mahi mahi, halibut and sand dabs.
- Some seafood should be eaten only once a month: tuna steaks, red snapper, orange roughy, Pollack, halibut, northern lobster, marlin, moonfish, saltwater bass, wild trout, bluefish, grouper, croaker and sablefish.
- Three ounces of sablefish (sometimes called black cod, though they're not members of the cod family) offer 1.7 g of omega - 3 fats.
Definition of sablefish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan