- A Jew born in Israel (or before 1948 in Palestine).More example sentences
- There were Ashkenazim and Sephardim, Ethiopians and Russians, American students and fourth-generation sabras.
- She couldn't be more of a sabra, growing up working in the kibbutz cowshed on Mount Gilboa.
- My former student Ori, the groom, is a sabra whose family emigrated to America, and this created the unforgettable experience of a highly traditional Jewish wedding under the redwoods of the Sonoma Coast.
from modern Hebrew ṣabbār 'opuntia fruit' (opuntias being common in coastal regions of Israel).
More definitions of sabraDefinition of sabra in:
- The British & World English dictionary