Definition of sacroiliac in English:
1Relating to the sacrum and the ilium.
- The anterior sacroiliac ligament connects the sacrum to the ilium in the same manner.
- Acupuncture was the treatment of choice for patients with one sided sacroiliac pain and double sided sacroiliac pain
- A bone scan with sacroiliac indices is indicated if sacroiliitis is suspected.
1.1Denoting the rigid joint at the back of the pelvis between the sacrum and the ilium.
- Two views of the involved joint should be obtained, with the possible exception of the sacroiliac joints and the pelvis.
- Ankylosing (immobility and fixation) of the back gives rise to the ‘poker back’, and sclerosis or fusing of the sacroiliac joints leads to immobility and low back pain.
- The earliest abnormalities occur in the sacroiliac joints and include pseudo-widening or narrowing from subchandral erosions sclerosis.
Words that rhyme with sacroiliachaemophiliac (US hemophiliac)
Definition of sacroiliac in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.