Definition of saddlesore in English:
A bruise or sore on a horse’s back, caused by pressure or chafing of an ill-fitting saddle.
- Naoise's saddle-sores - which he had thought healed since their moon-change reprise - had returned with a vengeance, which had meant he'd walked most of the day.
- The other was a saddle-sore brown mare, underfed and much abused.
adjectiveBack to top
(Of a person) chafed from riding on a saddle.
- A few folks in the class were indeed too sore to ride by the latter part of the clinic, and the rest of us choked down over-the-counter painkillers and secretly admired our own saddle-sore knees and thighs.
- He said: ‘It was an awesome experience, but I'm feeling very saddle-sore now.’
- It tells the story of a band of saddle-sore nomads, headed by Harry Collings who, weary of a life of bad trouble, returns to Collings's farm.
Definition of saddlesore in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan