- An area not liable to attack, especially one designated as such by the United Nations.More example sentences
- He also questions why the South Koreans and Americans gave the enemy safe areas to rearm and regroup.
- Hilltop forts were also established with artillery, while SAS teams patrolled the jungle and denied the enemy any safe areas.
- Perhaps it was this perception or fact that provided the team here with the benign looking truck that is carefully designed to remove bombs, rockets and other ordnance to safe areas.
More definitions of safe areaDefinition of safe area in:
- The British & World English dictionary