- (In many mammals) a bony ridge on the top of the skull to which the jaw muscles are attached.More example sentences
- The pronounced ridge, called a sagittal crest, on the skull that Ammann found in 1996 is thought to be formed to support large jaw muscles, an indication of large body size.
- They lack a sagittal crest, but prominent ridges often run along the parietals.
- A low sagittal crest extends from the supraorbital ridges to the parietal region.
More definitions of sagittal crestDefinition of sagittal crest in:
- The British & World English dictionary