- 1 another term for boater ( sense 1).
- 1.1A hat with a turned-up brim in imitation of a sailor’s, worn by women and children.More example sentences
- Card girls circled the ring in cutesy sailor hats and bikinis.
- This new cotton sailor hat is made in the traditional yacht cap style with an embroidered anchor on the front and a double row of braid above the brim. This cute little sailor hat will be the crowning touch to any sailor suit or dress. Perfect for your baby, toddler, or child sailor boy or sailor girl!
- Brimmed sailor hats have been a staple item in children's fashions for many, many years, especially for younger (pre-adolescent) boys.
More definitions of sailor hatDefinition of sailor hat in:
- The British & World English dictionary