- A migration of salmon up a river from the sea, in order to spawn.More example sentences
- Resident orcas are fish-eaters with a strong preference for salmon, timing their movements within their territories with salmon runs.
- Environmental groups, which want the Scottish Executive to move fish farms away from salmon runs, said it was too early to draw firm conclusions on a permanent recovery.
- The inhabitants of the Outer Hebrides, along with many others in Scotland, see their illegal harvesting of local salmon runs as their heritable right.
More definitions of salmon runDefinition of salmon run in:
- The British & World English dictionary