Definition of salmon trout in English:
1A large trout or troutlike fish, in particular.
- Australian 'salmon' (also known as salmon trout, bay trout or black-black salmon) is a fine robust looking fish that lives inside Corio and Port Phillip.
- The jetty has Tommy ruffs, squid and salmon trout. Point Lowly area has squid, garfish, salmon trout and mullet. The boaties have been catching squid, garfish, KG whiting and snapper to 6kg.
1.1North American A lake trout.
- There is opportunity for fine fishing in Lake Huron, which will be utilized one of these days when yachting shall have been developed in our grand inland lakes, as it will be in time. Trolling for salmon-trout can be done very successfully with sailing craft, all the way from Saginaw Bay to Mackinaw, and about five or ten miles from shore.
- The lake trout or "salmon trout" as it is sometimes called, is the largest trout native to the Great lakes and other Michigan lake waters.
Definition of salmon trout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.