- 1A large trout or troutlike fish, in particular.More example sentences
- Australian 'salmon' (also known as salmon trout, bay trout or black-black salmon) is a fine robust looking fish that lives inside Corio and Port Phillip.
- The jetty has Tommy ruffs, squid and salmon trout. Point Lowly area has squid, garfish, salmon trout and mullet. The boaties have been catching squid, garfish, KG whiting and snapper to 6kg.
- 1.1North American A lake trout.More example sentences
- There is opportunity for fine fishing in Lake Huron, which will be utilized one of these days when yachting shall have been developed in our grand inland lakes, as it will be in time. Trolling for salmon-trout can be done very successfully with sailing craft, all the way from Saginaw Bay to Mackinaw, and about five or ten miles from shore.
- The lake trout or "salmon trout" as it is sometimes called, is the largest trout native to the Great lakes and other Michigan lake waters.
- 1.2British A sea trout.More example sentences
- Sea trout is a large round fish very similar to salmon, and sometimes known as salmon trout, or sewin.
- Because sea trout tastes like salmon, it is often called salmon trout. It is a fresh water, brown trout that has gone to sea.
More definitions of salmon troutDefinition of salmon trout in:
- The British & World English dictionary