- A fish of a group that includes the salmon family together with the pikes, smelts, and argentines.
More example sentences
- Superfamily Salmonoidea: several families
- Alosa pseudoharengus is now the most abundant planktivore in Lake Ontario and it is the main prey of salmonoids stocked into the great lakes.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to fish of the salmonoid group.More example sentences
- For the past ten years or more I have been telling my American friends that as the salmonoid fish disappear, they will look for another hard fighting fish, and the only ones you have in freshwater apart from the pike is the carp.
- Today many of you are not only catching the salmonoid species but also coarse and saltwater fish with a fly rod and reel.
More definitions of salmonoidDefinition of salmonoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary