- A mixture of finely chopped ingredients bound in a thick sauce and used as a filling or stuffing.More example sentences
- For the lobster salpicon use a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss well to coat.
- To make the salpicon, heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion, meat, cilantro, tomato, oregano, and salt and pepper, and simmer for at least 20 minutes, or until the meat is fully cooked through.
- Scoop out the insides of the eggs lightly with a vegetable spoon, and fill them with a fine salpicon of crawfish mingled with thick tartar sauce.
via French from Spanish, from salpicar 'sprinkle (with salt)'.
More definitions of salpiconDefinition of salpicon in:
- The British & World English dictionary