Definition of salsa verde in English:
1An Italian sauce made with olive oil, garlic, capers, anchovies, vinegar or lemon juice, and parsley.
- Top the steak with a tangy sauce, like salsa verde, or even a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of salt, and it matches a wide range of wines.
- This increased popularity of herbs in the kitchen could be attributed to the glut of celebrity chefs such as Jamie Oliver, the man who slings bucketloads of parsley into salsa verde and handfuls of mint into risotto.
- The meat is tender, the skin has a golden, crackly Peking-duck texture, and the whole dish is smothered in a rich, lemony salsa verde.
2A Mexican sauce of finely chopped onion, garlic, cilantro, parsley, and hot peppers.
- The most common use for tomatillos is in Mexican-style salsa verde.
- Arrange on a large platter from the top left to right: the salsa; sashimi with fresh wasabi; soy sauce mixture; onigara yaki with yuzu; and salsa verde.
- In her yellow-walled kitchen, Azucena prepares a lunch of homemade corn tortillas, beans, cheese, salsa verde and salad.
Spanish, literally 'green sauce'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.