- A tamarisk with reddish-brown branches and feathery gray foliage.
More example sentences
- Tamarix gallica, family Tamaricaceae
- Along many canals, settlers had planted native cottonwood trees or imported species, like poplars, salt cedars, and pecans, at regular intervals.
- I breathe in the salt cedars, the bushes pearled with skin petals that seem to sweat.
- Along with tree-planting efforts, crews are laboring to remove the invasive salt cedar, which monopolizes water supplies and crowds out natives.