- Fish, especially cod, that has been preserved in salt.More example sentences
- Secular and religious holidays are occasions for the preparation of special foods, with fish soup and dumplings, peas and rice, salt fish, stewed mutton, curried goat and grilled local fish preferred.
- A common meal served in rural areas called privilege blends rice, okra, hot pepper, pig tail or salt beef, garlic, salt fish, and onions.
- Within a decade, Gloucester's monopoly on the trade of dried salt fish for molasses from the Dutch colony of Surinam in South America would be eclipsed by the abolition of slavery.
More definitions of salt fishDefinition of salt fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary