- An area of coastal grassland that is regularly flooded by seawater.More example sentences
- Shrimp farm development can damage other coastal habitats, including salt marshes and freshwater wetlands, according to the foundation report.
- Each day, large numbers of snails feasting on dead marsh grass in coastal salt marshes flee the incoming tide and their main predator, the blue crab, by climbing up live marsh grass.
- The Louisiana salt marsh is tidally flooded, and salinity ranges from 0 to 28 ppt.
More definitions of salt marshDefinition of salt marsh in:
- The British & World English dictionary