Definition of saltbush in English:
A salt-tolerant orache plant sometimes used in the reclamation of saline soils or to provide grazing in areas of salty soil.
- Genus Atriplex, family Chenopodiaceae: several species, including the four-wing saltbush A. canescens of the western US
- New flora grew on the shore: Desert scrub, creosote bush, saltbush, and tamarisk.
- The saltbush Atriplex halimus is a chenopodiaceous plant well adapted to dry saline habitats and widely distributed in the Mediterranean Basin.
- A fruit commonly consumed by Silvereyes is the small, polymorphic berry (red, yellow, or white) of the fragrant saltbush.
Definition of saltbush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia