- 1(Especially with reference to something unwelcome or unpleasant) producing good effects; beneficial: a salutary reminder of where we came fromMore example sentences
- These salutary effects of ezetimibe on statin levels presumably enhance the beneficial effects attributed to statin pleiotropy.
- The unpleasantness of this schism seems to have had a salutary effect on Tennent, who was more responsible for it than anyone else.
- It does not tell us, as many advocates have argued, that we could raise the minimum wage to $10 with salutary effect on poverty.
- 1.1 • archaic Health-giving: the salutary Atlantic airMore example sentences
- Thus all spiritualities exist as sites of contention between salutary qualities and incapacitating effects.
- It is evident from experimental animal studies and from human studies that statins have salutary effects in heart failure.
late Middle English (as a noun in the sense 'remedy'): from French salutaire or Latin salutaris, from salus, salut- 'health'.