A dark brown woodland deer with branched antlers, of southern Asia.
- Cervus unicolor, family Cervidae
- Other large mammals that have vanished are the leopard, the largest species of deer (the sambar and the barking deer), the pig-tailed macaque, and the wild pig.
- The stillness was abruptly shattered by a loud alarm call from a sambar deer.
- Maachli had fought hard to secure rights to an area around the Ranthambhore lakes, which are prime hunting grounds, full of sambar, spotted deer and wild boar.
Words that rhyme with sambarsambhar
A spicy southern Indian dish consisting of lentils and vegetables.
- We were shown the clean and modern kitchen where, in huge vats, rice and sambar were cooked for distribution to 43,000 schoolchildren.
- Garnished with an array of chutneys and delicious sambar, the end product is simply scrumptious for the food aficionado.
- There is rice and sambhar every day, but different vegetables are used over the week and there are regular supplements.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan