- A purificatory ceremony or rite marking a major event in one’s life.More example sentences
- He said, ‘I have made documentaries on Hindu temples in Thailand and on Hindu wedding ceremonies, samskaras and festivals.’
- Hindus consider children a gift from God, and the conception, development and birth of a child are sacred events, honored by a ceremony, or samskara, marking these rites of passage.
- Drawing on ancient scriptures, content includes learning the proper performance of yagnas, samskaras, puja, Vedic astrology and more.
from Sanskrit saṃskāra 'a making perfect, preparation'.
More definitions of samskaraDefinition of samskara in:
- The British & World English dictionary