- A candle or small light left lit in the sanctuary of a church, especially (in Catholic churches) a red lamp indicating the presence of the reserved Sacrament.More example sentences
- If you would like a member of your family, neighbour or friend remembered, please sign their name in the Book of Prayer for Our Exam Students, which is to be found near the sanctuary lamp.
- The renovations yielded a surprise when workers came across the original sanctuary lamp of the cathedral, which has now been restored to its former glory.
- A local craftsman is now set to clean and restore the traditional sanctuary lamp which has become badly discoloured over the years.
More definitions of sanctuary lampDefinition of sanctuary lamp in:
- The British & World English dictionary