- A flattened sea urchin that lives partly buried in sand, feeding on detritus.
More example sentences
- Order Clypeasteroida, class Echinoidea: several genera and species, including the common sand dollar (Echinarachnius parma) found mostly along the coasts of North America and Japan
- This study examines skeleton remodelling and resorption in larvae of the common sand dollar Echinarachnius parma and the green sea urchin Strongylocentrotus droebachiensis.
- Scattered on the cloth are pinecones and seashells, a sand dollar, a starfish, a sea urchin.
- The number of fresh grains encountered by the barrel-tipped podia can be dramatically increased by increasing the width of the test, relative to the overall size of the sand dollar.
More definitions of sand dollarDefinition of sand dollar in:
- The British & World English dictionary