- another term for sand eel.More example sentences
- They do not scavenge for their food as gulls often do, but rather they subsist on live fish which they catch by making a headlong dive into the ocean, usually for sand eels or sand lance.
- On a recent walk on South Beach, Chatham, I watched tern after tern coming from the open ocean, a sand lance protruding from both sides of every beak, probably heading for Monomoy where they would feed this staple to their nestlings.
- Herring and adult salmon and sand lance and juvenile salmon had overlapping isotopic ratios (p =.55, and .76, respectively; K nearest-neighbor).
More definitions of sand lanceDefinition of sand lance in:
- The British & World English dictionary