A light shoe with either an openwork upper or straps attaching the sole to the foot.
- Wear high-top hiking shoes or sneakers - never sandals, or your feet will suffer.
- It features a sling-back strap, which not only secure the sandal to your foot, but also offers a lovely, sensible heel.
- The only thing the head honcho enforces is that employees wear something on their feet - sneakers or sandals will do.
- Example sentences
- He tickles my leg under the table with his sandalled feet.
- My sandalled feet curled on the soft mink carpet and I gaped at the walls and walls of clothes that circled the whole place.
- But he'd already started to walk back along the overgrown path, angrily shaking his sandaled feet to dislodge the crawling ants.
Pronunciation: /ˈsandld/(British sandalled) adjective