- A fictional man supposed to make children sleep by sprinkling sand in their eyes.More example sentences
- When your Mother Agavë heard my horned cattle bellowing, she stood bolt upright among the Bacchae and called to them to stir themselves from sleep, and they shook the dust of the sandman from their weary eyes and leapt to their feet.
- Her mind wandered from one area to another, until the sandman finally came and she drifted off into a deep sleep.
- She had swiftly found sleep after talking to her mother, but Jo knew the tappings to be those from the birds outside, which meant it had to be dawn, which meant that it had been hours since she had been visited by the sandman.
More definitions of sandmanDefinition of sandman in:
- The British & World English dictionary