- A toxic crystalline compound present in santonica and related plants, used as an anthelmintic.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C15H18O3
- Tenulin and helenalin were obtained from Helenium amarum, whereas santonin was commercially supplied (Sigma) and isoalantolactone was purified from helenin (Sigma) as in Dupuis et al..
- However, we reported in a previous study that santonin, a eudesmanolide sesquiterpene lactone, exerts no effects on the differentiation of leukemia cells.
More definitions of santoninDefinition of santonin in:
- The British & World English dictionary