- Relating to or denoting either of the two large superficial veins in the leg.More example sentences
- Its continued use after 1 year in patients with saphenous vein to coronary artery grafts is justified on the grounds of the beneficial effect of aspirin in coronary artery disease.
- During coronary artery bypass graft surgery, a general surgeon is asked by the cardiac surgeon to harvest a saphenous vein.
- The treatment of old saphenous vein graft stenosis with coronary angioplasty has a high rate of restenosis and clinical events.
mid 19th century: from medieval Latin saphena 'vein' + -ous.
More definitions of saphenousDefinition of saphenous in:
- The British & World English dictionary