- A soldier responsible for tasks such as building and repairing roads and bridges, laying and clearing mines, etc..More example sentences
- This is extremely significant when you consider the reduction of the number of sappers in combat engineer companies.
- Without tackling these issues, we will not see the necessary synergy between several seemingly disparate Army cultures: the sapper, the topographic engineer, and the MP.
- A handful - their numbers are not known - served as bomb disposal sappers, working to disarm the weapons of destruction, not to inflict them on the innocent.
More definitions of sapperDefinition of sapper in:
- The British & World English dictionary