Definition of sarcoid in English:
Relating to, denoting, or suffering from sarcoidosis.
- Total RNA was prepared from purified T lymphocytes obtained from patients with sarcoid T-cell alveolitis or normal T cells or purified alveolar macrophages from patients with active sarcoidosis and control subjects.
- Immunocompetent cells infiltrating sarcoid lung have been evaluated by flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, immunohistochemical and molecular analysis, and functional assays.
- For deterioration of ocular sarcoid lesions, seven patients (stage 1, n = 5 and stage 2, n = 2) needed a long period of corticosteroid therapy.
nounBack to top
1A granuloma of the type present in sarcoidosis.
- Epithelial lining fluid from active sarcoids contained elevated levels of interleukin-18, interferon-gamma, and interleukin-12 compared with recovered patients and also contained significantly higher levels of endotoxin.
- When sarcoids are removed, they have a high incidence of regrowing.
- Some friends who have had experience with sarcoids on their own horses looked at my mare and said it looked like sarcoid to them.
1.1The condition and symptoms of sarcoidosis: tissues affected by sarcoid
More example sentences
- Occasionally, rosacea may present with a granulomatous appearance that may be difficult to distinguish from facial sarcoid.
- The granulomas in sarcoid tend to be larger, more numerous, and more well formed than in PBC.
- The lungs are involved in more than 90 percent of patients, with sarcoid usually presenting as interstitial disease.
Definition of sarcoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan