- 1A leader (often used as a proper name).More example sentences
- Read all this and decide if these are only biased rantings of pseudo-secularists, as the mini sardars and their leaders will have us believe, or is there more to it?
- The officers rearranged their chairs in a circle while the sirdar, a bearded man in a white lace skullcap, started serving them.
- The SP urged upon the builders to furnish the names and addresses of the labourers, labour contractors and labour sardars along with their two recent passport size photographs to the local police station for verification.
- 2A Sikh (often used as a title or form of address).More example sentences
- Excuse me sardar sahib, but who has given you the Padma Shri," she asked tauntingly.
from Persian and Urdu sar-dār.
More definitions of sardarDefinition of sardar in:
- The British & World English dictionary