Relating to Sardinia, its people, or their language.
- The service at this four-star hotel is very friendly and personal despite the size; all the rooms feature all mod cons and are decorated with a nod to typical Sardinian style, albeit in a homogenous way.
- You can't fail to find an exquisite place to eat in Pisa, everything from Tuscan and Sardinian specialities at Il Nuraghe, to dishes elsewhere that even the chef is not sure of!
- He is a talented young Sardinian chef with the same deep-rooted passion and instinctive feeling for food.
1A native or inhabitant of Sardinia.
- Scotland is the sixth most homogeneous population in Europe, behind the Lapps, Sardinians, Basques, Icelanders and Finnish.
- This led them to suggest that Sardinians might be, like the Basques, descendants of hunter-gatherers whose genomes were only mildly affected by incoming farmers.
- Robert of Stamfordham was unplaced in the Gouren, but he reached the final of the 100 kg Backhold wrestling where he was beaten by the best of the Sardinians.
2The Romance language of Sardinia, which has several distinct dialects.
- Similar examples can also be found in Catalan, Galician, Portuguese, Romanian, Sardinian, and Spanish.
- Between the 16th and 18th centuries, the first literary texts emerged in Sardinian as part of a purist-inspired bid to develop a cultivated Sardinian language on the basis of the Lugudorian dialect.
Words that rhyme with SardinianArgentinian, Arminian, Augustinian, Carthaginian, Darwinian, dominion, Guinean, Justinian, Ninian, Palestinian, Virginian
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Sardinian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.