A large, red-headed crane found from India to the Philippines.
- Grus antigone, family Gruidae
More example sentences
- The emus are four months old and the sarus crane is six months old.
- Some species pair for life, the most celebrated example being the tall stately sarus crane, which graces the green fields of North India.
- Favoured by brolgas, sarus cranes and black-necked storks, its lagoons were created from excess irrigation water.
mid 19th century: sarus from Sanskrit sārasa.
Definition of sarus crane in:
- The British & World English dictionary