A Japanese camellia with fragrant white or pink flowers and seeds that yield tea oil.
- Camellia sasanqua, family Theaceae
More example sentences
- After a series of exceptionally cold winters in the late '70s and '80s, the sasanqua and Japanese camellias at the U.S. National Arboretum in Washington, D.C., were almost all killed.
- More experienced gardeners may have success raising seeds of Camellia sasanqua, clivias, crepe myrtle, fuchsia, Murraya paniculata, roses and stephanotis.
- I've also acquired one plant of the autumn flowering Camellia sasanqua, a red flowered variety, ‘Dazzler’.
mid 19th century: from Japanese sasank(w)a.
Definition of sasanqua in:
- The British & World English dictionary