1A smooth, glossy fabric, typically of silk, produced by a weave in which the threads of the warp are caught and looped by the weft only at certain intervals: [as modifier]: a blue satin dress
More example sentences
- Acres of silk, satin, bamboo and quilted fabrics combined to create an opulent Oriental collection.
- Her dress was deep blue satin, high waisted and plainly cut, the bosom moderately low; her long gloves were white kid.
- Her dress, made from satin of the deepest blue, was tied at the back of her neck, leaving her shoulders and back bare.
- Example sentences
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, with a wooden spoon, an electric mixer, or a food processor until the dough is smooth and satiny.
- I kicked my satiny white slippers across the room and flung myself face-down on my bed.
- Thankfully, the flowers are lemon-scented and the dramatic red fruits contain satiny blue-black seeds that are edible raw or roasted and taste like peanuts.
Words that rhyme with satinLatin
Definition of satin in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.