Deride and criticize by means of satire: Aristophanes satirized the lack of respect for the laws
More example sentences
- She teases, criticizes and satirizes American democracy, but she cares so much it's positively palpable.
- Fatally, however, they crossed over from satirising commentators to criticising player behaviour.
- After several years of worrying about how to respond to the war, the motion picture industry even generated a movie satirizing its own anxiety.
- Example sentences
- For 130 years, their topsy-turvy plots and satirization of love, honour, class and duty have kept audiences packing houses.
- She suggests that the article is a horribly offensive diatribe that grossly over-generalises in its satirisation of the downtrodden Ulster underclass.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.