Definition of satisfying in English:
Giving fulfillment or the pleasure associated with this: Fleischer’s performance was consummately musical and deeply satisfying
More example sentences
- Setting up you own business can be very satisfying and fulfilling, but it can be very lonely and isolating and is very hard work.
- Volunteering and helping people in need can be both satisfying and fulfilling.
- Save a few false notes and overlong lyrical passages, he has produced a wholly satisfying novel.
See satisfactory (usage).
- Example sentences
- When shooting, the camera is satisfyingly responsive, with quick autofocus and minimal shutter delay.
- Pepys's 1665 diary entries about the appearance of the black plague in London are a key element in a story that is very much of the present while rooted most satisfyingly and believably in the past.
- Spicy and aromatic, the chicken was wonderfully tender and flavourful, and the rice was just amazing - satisfyingly clumpy and deeply imbued with rich ginger flavour.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.