A shallow dish, typically having a circular indentation in the center, on which a cup is placed.
More example sentences
- The cabinets should be able to store a generous stack of plates, cups, saucers, and bowls.
- And after dinner, he jumps up and picks up the cups and the saucers and the plates and comes in the kitchen.
- The tray has a teapot, two little bowls and two saucers with pretty looking beancurd sweets in them.
- More example sentences
- Tewkesbury saucer batters are small baked puddings made by quickly baking two saucerfuls of batter, putting fruit on one and inverting the other on top of it to make a lid.
- Aunt Peggy poured out a saucerful and touched it with a match.
Pronunciation: /-ˌfo͝ol/noun (plural saucerfuls)
Definition of saucer in:
- The British & World English dictionary