Definition of saucer in English:
A shallow dish, typically having a circular indentation in the center, on which a cup is placed.
- The cabinets should be able to store a generous stack of plates, cups, saucers, and bowls.
- And after dinner, he jumps up and picks up the cups and the saucers and the plates and comes in the kitchen.
- The tray has a teapot, two little bowls and two saucers with pretty looking beancurd sweets in them.
- Example sentences
- Tewkesbury saucer batters are small baked puddings made by quickly baking two saucerfuls of batter, putting fruit on one and inverting the other on top of it to make a lid.
- Aunt Peggy poured out a saucerful and touched it with a match.
Pronunciation: /-ˌfo͝ol/noun (plural saucerfuls)
Definition of saucer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia