Definition of scalene in English:
(Of a triangle) having sides unequal in length.
- The most interesting results show, with a very ingenious proof, that an equilateral triangle has a greater area than any isosceles or scalene triangle with the same perimeter.
- The dialogue elaborates an account of the world wherein the four different basic kinds of matter - earth, air, fire, and water - are regular solids composed from plane figures: isosceles and scalene right-angled triangles.
nounBack to top
1 (also scalene muscle) Anatomy another term for scalenus.
- Typically the anterior scalene arises from the fourth, fifth and sixth cervical vertebrae (anterior tubercles), occasionally from the third, and rarely from the seventh.
- It may perforate the middle and posterior scalene muscles; these two muscles usually form a common mass.
- Single motor unit activity in the diaphragm and scalenes was recorded with monopolar electrodes, using methods reported previously.
Words that rhyme with scaleneAileen, Raelene
Definition of scalene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan