Definition of scallion in English:
nounchiefly North American
A long-necked onion with a small bulb, in particular a shallot or green onion.
- A common scallion is Allium fistulosum, family Liliaceae (or Alliaceae)
- Unlike their larger bulb cousins, green onions, scallions and leeks should be refrigerated.
- Add the onion, shallot, scallions, fennel, ginger, and garlic and gently sauté until tender, making sure not to brown.
- Cucumbers go well with buttermilk, dill, mint, salmon, tarragon, scallions, onions, tomatoes, sour cream and yogurt.
Definition of scallion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan