Definition of scandalmonger in English:
A person who stirs up public outrage toward someone or their actions by spreading rumors or malicious gossip.
- It wasn't only the scandalmongers of tabloid journalism who were outraged.
- As such, they are of far more interest to future historians of the royal family than the views of pundits or the ‘revelations’ of scandalmongers.
- It's just one in a range well-tested celebrity responses to the scandalmongers, from the Dignified Evasion to the Snotty Putdown.
- Example sentences
- They would know that their statements are going to be subject to widespread scrutiny, rather than just skewed media scandalmongering.
- The prevention of this kind of scandalmongering is what the English Channel is for.
- But the principal axis of the Conservative campaign is scandal-mongering.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.