Definition of scandalmonger in English:
A person who stirs up public outrage toward someone or their actions by spreading rumors or malicious gossip.
- It wasn't only the scandalmongers of tabloid journalism who were outraged.
- As such, they are of far more interest to future historians of the royal family than the views of pundits or the ‘revelations’ of scandalmongers.
- It's just one in a range well-tested celebrity responses to the scandalmongers, from the Dignified Evasion to the Snotty Putdown.
- Example sentences
- They would know that their statements are going to be subject to widespread scrutiny, rather than just skewed media scandalmongering.
- The prevention of this kind of scandalmongering is what the English Channel is for.
- But the principal axis of the Conservative campaign is scandal-mongering.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan