(also scarlet runner bean)
- A twining bean plant with scarlet flowers and very long flat edible pods. Native to Central and South America, it is widely cultivated in North America.
More example sentences
- Phaseolus coccineus, family Leguminosae
- Make a tee pee out of bamboo stakes and plant morning glories or scarlet runner beans.
- Fast growing vines like hops or scarlet runner beans do the job in record time.
- A tepee covered with scarlet runner beans and a playhouse made of gigantic sunflowers are other whimsical ideas using plants that children love to grow.
More definitions of scarlet runnerDefinition of scarlet runner in:
- The British & World English dictionary