(also scarlet runner bean)
Definition of scarlet runner in English:
A twining bean plant with scarlet flowers and very long flat edible pods. Native to Central and South America, it is widely cultivated in North America.
- Phaseolus coccineus, family Leguminosae
- Make a tee pee out of bamboo stakes and plant morning glories or scarlet runner beans.
- Fast growing vines like hops or scarlet runner beans do the job in record time.
- A tepee covered with scarlet runner beans and a playhouse made of gigantic sunflowers are other whimsical ideas using plants that children love to grow.
Definition of scarlet runner in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan