- A shotgun.More example sentences
- Unlike the vast majority of semiauto scatterguns, the Benelli is not a gas gun.
- This is the first large-scale procurement of anything other than slide-action scatterguns since the U.S. military was pulled out of Vietnam more than 25 years ago.
- For decades, short double-barrel scatterguns have been a premier home-defense recommendation by such authorities as Jeff Cooper.
adjectiveBack to top
- another term for scattershot.More example sentences
- If we must have retail developments, let's concentrate on the city centre instead of perpetuating the Council's scattergun approach to planning.
- She brings soul to anything her lazy-sounding voice touches and a vision of the world which is wrought in impressionistic, scattergun lyrics gilded with humour.
- ‘If Wallace and Jack McConnell are not careful, this scattergun approach will land Scotland in hot water,’ he said.
More definitions of scattergunDefinition of scattergun in:
- The British & World English dictionary