Definition of scene-stealer in English:
1An actor who outshines the rest of the cast, especially unexpectedly.
- Comic relief is provided by character actor and resident scene-stealer Jeff York, as the lazy, good-for-nothing neighbor Bud Searcy.
- The two women's beaux are nondescript types and even veteran scene-stealer Coburn is no match for Monroe and Russell who dominate the screen in every scene they're in.
- Hollywood's ultimate scene-stealer is still up to his old tricks.
1.1A person or thing that takes more than their fair share of attention.
- The old pub here is full of movie memorabilia, but for me Silverton's real scene-stealers are two old Volkswagens.
- Some of the scene-stealers of the evening were the dancing kids, who brought smiles all around.
- Zinnias are scene-stealers so it's a challenge teaming them up with other plants.
Definition of scene-stealer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India