Definition of schefflera in English:
An evergreen tropical or subtropical shrub or small tree that is widely grown as a houseplant for its decorative foliage.
- Genus Schefflera, family Araliaceae
- Yellowing, twisted foliage with tiny webs appears on susceptible species including gardenias, scheffleras, ivy, and roses.
- Spider plants, philodendrons, scheffleras, chrysanthemums, ferns and dracaena are excellent air filters.
- The shiny foliage resembles that of a schefflera; the nuts are packed into woody, football-shaped pods.
modern Latin, named after J. C. Scheffler, 18th-century German botanist.
Definition of schefflera in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan