- The basic monetary unit of Austria (until replaced by the euro), equal to 100 groschen.More example sentences
- After hyperinflation, Austria introduces the schilling.
- Austria's basic unit of currency is the schilling.
- With central banks aiming to peg the Austrian schilling and the Dutch guilder to the Deutsche mark, the nominal exchange rates (defined as local currency/foreign currency) against the mark should have been stable.
from German Schilling; compare with shilling.
More definitions of schillingDefinition of schilling in:
- The British & World English dictionary