Definition of schizanthus in English:
A South American plant of the nightshade family, with irregularly lobed showy flowers marked with one or more contrasting colors.
- Genus Schizanthus, family Solanaceae
- Their cheerful blossoms peeking just above their oval textured leaves will be another attractive contrast to the agapanthus and the schizanthus.
- In zones 15-17, you can also plant calceolaria, cineraria, nemesia, and schizanthus.
- Annuals like godetia, nemesia, and schizanthus bloom in spring.
Modern Latin, from Greek skhizein 'to split' + anthos 'flower'.
Definition of schizanthus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.